
My birthday is around the corner. In fact my birthday is tomorrow.
Every now and then I am faced with people before whom, i don’t want to make a din about my birthday!
There’s a mothers day, there’s a fathers day, and the nation has a holiday on Gandhiji's birthday. So what happens on my birthday? Nothing. Worse I have to keep mum about it, so as to keep away pesky characters!!! Phew… life, I must tell you…
This is one day which has me written all over it. Even if I have to share this day with lots of people across the world, have people who I don’t like, born on days ahead of and after mine, I would like to be wished by my friends and family. I want to be happy about the fact that I have managed to live 22 years on this earth and survive inspite of the innumerable obstacles. I want to celebrate just being myself.
Every birthday to me is like a milestone... milestone of me living my life… milestones that I have crossed with the help of my family and friends. It’s the end of one chapter and start of a new one in the book that I have chosen to write-MY LIFE. It’s a stop and check and go for me to renew myself every once in a while.
I cherish every phone call I get. I cherish every gift that I receive. I value the people who stay up till 12 just to wish me. I am happy when friends fret over the fact they will not get through to me at 12 as they are somehow sure that my phone would be busy.It makes me that much happy to know that in this world there are a few souls who love me for what I am.
So here’s to myself...Happy Birthday!!!!!
Psst…Psst: Guess what? The whole nation is celebrating my b’day tomorrow.. Don’t rack your brains… its just bcoz tomorrow is Mother’s Day..
Happy Mother’s Day ma… mmuuaaaahhh :-*
Every now and then I am faced with people before whom, i don’t want to make a din about my birthday!
There’s a mothers day, there’s a fathers day, and the nation has a holiday on Gandhiji's birthday. So what happens on my birthday? Nothing. Worse I have to keep mum about it, so as to keep away pesky characters!!! Phew… life, I must tell you…
This is one day which has me written all over it. Even if I have to share this day with lots of people across the world, have people who I don’t like, born on days ahead of and after mine, I would like to be wished by my friends and family. I want to be happy about the fact that I have managed to live 22 years on this earth and survive inspite of the innumerable obstacles. I want to celebrate just being myself.
Every birthday to me is like a milestone... milestone of me living my life… milestones that I have crossed with the help of my family and friends. It’s the end of one chapter and start of a new one in the book that I have chosen to write-MY LIFE. It’s a stop and check and go for me to renew myself every once in a while.
I cherish every phone call I get. I cherish every gift that I receive. I value the people who stay up till 12 just to wish me. I am happy when friends fret over the fact they will not get through to me at 12 as they are somehow sure that my phone would be busy.It makes me that much happy to know that in this world there are a few souls who love me for what I am.
So here’s to myself...Happy Birthday!!!!!
Psst…Psst: Guess what? The whole nation is celebrating my b’day tomorrow.. Don’t rack your brains… its just bcoz tomorrow is Mother’s Day..
Happy Mother’s Day ma… mmuuaaaahhh :-*
No comments:
Post a Comment