Friday, July 4, 2008

Nostalgia....

Don’t know what emotion it is that wells up within me when I think about the years spent and experiences realized here; but it sure does have tinges of love and hate, joy and tears, pride and taint, laughter and pain, fame and scandal.

It must be the combination of these emotions and thoughts that lends tears to my eyes, and I can't help but admit:
Thinking of my school makes me cry!!

Sri Chitanya is a part of my very being!!I owe a lot of what I am now, to the countless days, faces, experiences and decisions there!


I can still smell the fresh paint, on the start of the academic year!
I still remember how we used to cry before going for home sick holidays!
I still remember how we used to be extremely loving the day we returned from home!
I can still recollect that we used to fight like Tom and Jerry the very next day!


I can still feel the excitement of wearing new dresses to class!
I can still see the yellow busses pull in to the campus to take us to the exam centers!
I can still feel the rebel in me, trying to break out of the shackles!
I can still see the tired, desperate warrior in me defeated by the system finally!


I can still remember the pride on being elected the class monitor!
I still remember the terror we all felt when we saw our study hour incharges!
I can still remember the thrill at the thought of the Sunday night movies in the campus lawn!
I can still see the old gardener who used to grow flowers especially for us!

I can still hear the ring of the morning bell and the resounding hymns!
I can still see myself in the choir, singing out my heart, in devotion and pride!
I can still see myself sleep away golden hours of my time!
I can still see the latecomer in me, getting scolded left and right!


I can still see the running away from wardens, the stolen afternoon naps, pillow fights!
I can still feel the illicit pleasure in eating in the class right in front of the sanskrit teacher!
I can still recollect the plans to pass chits in the class, with vigil on sir!
I still wince with pain at the verbal lashings of our counselors!


I can still see with my eyes closed, rows of beds in unison!
I can still see the freezing of movement at the bell for switching off the lights at night!
I can still feel the urge to drink coconut water in the scorching sunny afternoons!
I can still see the girls scheming to sneak out of the campus without permission!


I can still hear the speech at the passing out ceremony!
I can still recollect that moment of realization!
I can still hear my friend squeal "Its over, we are going out of the trapdoor"!
I can still feel the frozen me, see the two long years vanish in a flash!


I can recollect all this, but....

Never can I go back to those days again to relive them!
Never did those monotonous days of my life make sense to me then!
Never did I have a clue that they were actually molding me!

Never did I relish the pain then...
Never did I love the classes or the hostel then...
Never did I want to continue there...


Yet now…. I realize that somewhere in my heart, I had fallen in love with it!!

Years down the line...

Here I am with tears in my eyes...
Remembering those 'Best days of my life'!
Remembering my 'Alma Mater'....

I owe this post to my school for 2 years: Sri Chaitanya

No comments:

Post a Comment