The thing about expectations is that it is analogous to Karl Marx’s take on religion… “opium of the masses”… the more they are fulfilled, the more you start hankering for them...forgetting that there are other obligations and other compulsions in the person's life… But you expect… expect that things would take turn for the better…Expectations often come disguised as hope… Hopes which only hurt you in the long run… Don’t allow you to face up to reality… Do not allow you to come to terms with its futility… Of certain things that were never really meant to be… But this foolish heart of yours hopes… and expects…
I don’t blame people for not having lived upto what I’d expected out of them for situations were never really condusive enough or probably they had their own pressing reasons for not living upto what I’d expected.. or probably they just did not want to… what ever the case may be… in all its practicality… i repeat the cliched lines "always keep your expectations on the low and never ever hope against hope" for some things are never meant to be…. and you end up hurting yourself by wanting them to happen…
Do i expect too much?? This question always haunts me… Expecting more than people are ready to give? Giving a piece of myself before they are ready to take me in… Why for once don’t I keep my expectations on the low, why can’t I just sit still and take whatever that is happening around around me… Drink it all in… why always try to go the extra mile for someone who does not even bother two hoots for what you hold for them… Why make yourself go through so much of crap like you deserved it… Why value every disgression and confession and derision uttered… Why hold on to every promise? Promises you look forward to being fulfilled… Surprises you wish would happen.. hoping against hope for people to return back to your life.. Wishing you’d start anew… wishing you’d atleast start accepting what life has to offer.. I look forward to that kinda perspective… Wish instead of all this sermonising I'd implement a bit of this worldly wisdom in my life as well...
But for now... I sit listless... watching things happen as a passerby... "comfortably numb" as its put...
I am quite surprised to find such a deep thoughts flowing out with a right combination of words from a quintessential “girl next cabin”.
ReplyDeleteIt’s not just the fathomless thoughts but also a matured ideology that gives a unique style to your writing.
Keep blogging.
Cheers,
Vardhan
hi swapna mam...
ReplyDeletedats relle wunderful blog..
inspiring & rebelious thots..
a new dimension to the ill effects of hoping n expecting...
but still i believe "hope is a good thing and good thing never dies"...
cheersss
waiting eagerly 4 ur 2009 debut.......
ReplyDelete