There is something about the rain that casts a magical spell on me. I think there is something profoundly romantic about the grey overcast sky through which the sun is trying to break through, creating a strange kind of light that plays on the grass, the trees, everything around.....the showers that drench the leaves on the trees and magically turn everything a bright green....the sound of the wind through the trees, the rain splashing on the door, the cabin windows, the pitter patter on the roof.....the wet grass…the smell of the earth, fresh and clean.....it's nature's way of washing and making everything fresh and whole again.
It has rained intermittently almost the entire morning and I know for a fact it is going to make the evening rush hour traffic even worse. The rain always slows things up on the route towards our hostel. And people returning home from work might be cross and irritable, poked by umbrellas, sloshed in puddles, hungry and late. But I have the privilege of sitting in the office cabin this afternoon and not have to worry about getting home in the traffic or the rain and therefore can indulge myself a little to admire the rain for what it is doing to the greenery that stares at me through the window. The sky is still overcast, the shower has ceased for a bit, there are birds on the trees that are shaking the water out of their wings and trying to get dry and everything looks so green and beautiful.
Sarthak… that’s the third person working with us on the MIS project…he has been playing Rabindra sangeets and I find myself humming the tune of one. I have a whole lot of work to do, yet, there is something in the air that makes me want to sing or paint, walk on the wet grass, or simply sit near the window and take time to actually see how wonderful things are.
I miss the college campus…it’s a beauty when it rains…

No comments:
Post a Comment